Asset Information Not Updated Based on the new Item Added on Requisition Line
Last updated on OCTOBER 18, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM Purchasing - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
A Requisition was created from an eProcurement Special Request. Then in Purchasing>Requisitions>Add/Update Requisitions, the Buyer updates the eProcurement Special Request line by adding a catalog item.
When the Buyer adds on the requisition line a catalog item which does not have an asset profile, the asset profile is not getting removed from the requisition distribution line.
The Buyer has to manually delete the asset business unit and asset profile from the requisition distribution line.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Choose an Item Category for tests and added an Asset id on it. Menu:Items>Define Controls>Item Categories
Create the eProcurement special request for that Category. Menu:eProcurement>Requisition> Special Requests
2. Check the Requisition in Purchasing requisition, to see the Asset information is there, on the Requisition Distribution.
Menu: Purchasing>Requisitions>Add/Update Requisitions
3. Choose another Category and Item which do not have Asset information. Menu: Items>Define Controls>Item Categories and Items>Define Items and Attributes> Define Item
Then open the Requisition in Purchasing and add that item on the Requisition, on the special request line.
- Enter on the Requisition in Purchasing.
- On the Requisition line, using the magnifying glass, select the Item which has no Asset information. Save the Requisition.
4. Check the Requisition Distribution line and the previous Asset information is not gone. The Asset information is still on the distribution line.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms