Last updated on NOVEMBER 15, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN General Ledger - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
EGL:Post Journal Process Buffer Not Clearing BUSINESS_UNIT_IU Field
When the same request ID in the Journal Post run control is used multiple times with different variables, BUSINESS_UNIT_IU is not getting cleared from previous run.
On 1st run of nightly GL batch last night, approx. 17,000 journal lines did not get posted to the ledger.
Finance departments were expecting data to be available for reporting - this was about $200 million in journal bookings that did not get recorded for 30 users.
6,000 journals did post last night - just not a portion we were expecting too. There are 19 requests in the run control
FSCM 9.2 PUM 17
1. Create a new Post run control with 1 request id.
2. Enter in Business Unit, journal id, journal date.
3. Run Post
4. Entry is posted
5. Review AET file - BUSINESS_UNIT and BUSINESS_UNIT_IU are populated with the bu from the run control
5. Update post run control for request id
6. Remove business unit
7. Enter new journal id, date to different BU - LEAVING THE BU BLANK
8. Run Post.
9. Entry is not posted.
10. Review AET file - BUSINESS_UNIT_IU is populated with business unit from step 2
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms