Last updated on OCTOBER 20, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Human Resources - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When a new row is added to the position data and the Standard Hours/Work Period of the position data is different from that of pertaining Job Code.
Below warning message is shown to the user:
"Warning -- Standard Hours/Work Period for this Full Time position does not match the value for the Job Code. (1000,146) Change the values to equal the corresponding values specified for the Job Code , or leave as is if correct."
When the user clicks "OK" (to leave as is) a row gets written in Job Data for the incumbent, which overwrites the existing Compensation Frequency with the value from the Job Code table.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Navigate: Main Menu > Organizational Development > Position Management > Maintain Positions/Budgets > Add/Update Position Info
2. Search and Select a Position
3. Note Job Code Mapped to Selected Position Number in Prior Step
4. Navigate: Main Menu > Set Up HCM > Foundation Tables > Job Attributes > Job Code Table
5. Enter Job Code Associated with Selected Position from Step #3
6. Confirm Standard Work Period and Compensation Frequency is different in the Job Code when Compared to Position Data.
7. In Position Data for Selected Position, Add New Row in Position
8. Navigate: Main Menu > Workforce Administration > Job Information > Job Data
9. Open Incumbent Job Data Record, Click Compensation Tab
10. Notice the Compensation Frequency and Compensation Rate has been Overwritten with Data from Job Code Table Check the incumbent employee compensation tab.
This patch adds the following new functionality as an input message informing the user if they click "YES" the comp frequency will be overwritten by the data from Job Code table. If they click "NO" this will remain unchanged in Job.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms