EeS: Decimal Precision Error on Vouchers Created from Self Service Invoice
Last updated on OCTOBER 19, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN eSettlements - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Self Service Invoices are creating vouchers with voucher build error:
"Decimal precision does not match currency setting"
When changing both the PO Unit Price and the PO Quantity on the Self Service Invoice, the PS_VCHR_HDR_QV.GROSS_AMT gets saved with 3 decimal places, although the Currency Code settings is set to 2 Decimal Places.
The rounding does not seem to work in all cases.
This causes vouchers to get created in Recycle status.
1. Make sure Currency Code is set to 2 Decimal Positions for USD
2. Create and dispatch PO with quantity 1 and price 31,896.27
3. Create a Self Service Invoice and copy from PO
4. Change the quantity to 0.5 and Save/Submit
5. Query VCHR_HDR_QV >> GROSS_AMT shows 2 decimal places
6. Create a second invoice but change the Unit Price:
Reduce the Unit Price by 1.00 (Changed 31,896.27 to 31,895.27)
7. Query VCHR_HDR_QV >> Gross amount saved with 3 decimals
8. Run voucher build >> Voucher created in recycle status
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms