Unable To Assign/Clear Cost Adjustments To Existing Assets When Profile Is Updated
(Doc ID 2195589.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 29, 2021
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Project Costing - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 9.2 version, Image 16
Unable to Assign Transactions to an Asset when profile is modified. Also Clear Assignments is not working
Assign/Clear Transactions on "Assign Transactions to an Asset" as they are intended
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create a Project/Activity with Manual Cap on in Asset Integration Rules.
2. Create couple of 'ACT' transactions say for $1000 and $2000
3. Create a Asset 'VJ123' with Profile 'AUTO'
4. Do the set up by associating the Project to the Asset and go all the way to Assign Transactions page
5. Assign transactions will Assign both transaction to Asset. The VJ123/AUTO gets stamped on the rows <<<<<<<< --- Working as expected
6. Change the Profile of Asset from 'AUTO' to 'MACHINERY'
7. Do Clear Assignments, Nothing changes. Clear assignments did not work <<<<<<8. Change the Profile of Asset back from 'MACHINERY' to 'AUTO'
9. Do Clear Assignments, Nothing changes. Clear assignments did not work <<<10. Change the Profile of Asset from 'AUTO' to 'MACHINERY'
11. Create another ACT transaction for $4000
12. Go to Assign Transactions page, Search to see 3 rows now 2 with VJ123/AUTO assigned. The new row has blank Asset/Profile
13. Now do Assign Transaction. No assignment takes place <<<<<<14. Now create Asset/Profile VJNEW/NETWORK
15. Assign this new asset to Project and come all the way to Assign Transactions
16. Search will list 3 rows. Now do Assign Transaction.
17. Message shows that 2 rows will be cleared of current assignments. Clicking OK will assign all the 3 rows to VJNEW/NETWORK Asset/profile combination. <<<<<18. Do Clear Assignments, Message says 3 rows will be cleared of Assignments
19. Save... No rows were cleared of Asset/Profile. They are stay as VJNEW/NETWORK <<<
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document