Data Security For Learning Environment Admins
(Doc ID 2195897.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 23, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise ELM Enterprise Learning Management - Version 9.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
If administrator does not have access to the learner group that the courses have been associated with , then the courses should not be listed in the results.
A Learning Administrator tied to a learning environment is able to see the course details published by another leaning environment where he/she is not an admin
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Two learning environments say LE- HR ADMIN and LE-ACADEMY having their own administrators.
2. Now as a admin of LE-ACADEMY create a new Catalog item and activity . give access to them for both LE- HR ADMIN and LE-ACADEMY and Learner groups of both the Learning environments. Publish the course
3. Login as an employee and in ESS try to enroll in to this course published by admin of LE-ACADEMY. Kindly note that this employee is part of the learner groups that are attached both LE- HR ADMIN and LE-ACADEMY . This employee has already enrolled in to courses published by admin of LE- HR ADMIN.
4. Now login back as admin of LE- ITE ACADEMY and navigate to the component “ Main Menu > Enterprise Learning > Learner tasks > View All Learning.
5. Select the learner who had enrolled in step 3 .
6. The system apart from the course created by the admin of LE-ACADEMY also shows the courses enrolled by the employee and that were published by admin of LE- HR ADMIN. Ideally this admin should not see the course details of the published by the other admin. It works fine when I try to search in say catalog items definition page but does not work when I search for a learner.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document