Last updated on OCTOBER 24, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Staffing Front Office - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When Forced Dependency is enabled at the Staffing Order header, should a User try to Complete Events from a Candidate at the Recruiting Funnel Summaries level, (Mass Update Candidates page, FO_RF_MASS) any Complete Status, and comments placed into the Event Notes Fields will be wiped out if there are prior Events that still need to be completed.
This is taking place even though the Save button is pressed, and the system shows a Saved message, confirming that the transaction data changes have been stored in the tables, while it is not true.
- Log into the FSCM Online Application as User ID VP1
- Navigate to: Staffing > Orders and Assignments > Add/Update Orders
- Create a brand new Staffing Order in the system, save the changes, and confirm that the Order Status is Unfilled
- Ensure to mark the check-box 'Force Dependency' at the Order tab
- At the PeopleMatch tab, add a new Employee, flag the Considering check-box, and save the changes
- Go back to the Order tab, and click on the 'Recruiting Funnel Summaries' link
- In the new window, select the Event in question, and click on the Event Summary button
- Once at the Event Summary tab, click on the 'Show All Candidates' button
- Select the Resource considered, and click on Mass Update Candidates button
- Go to Event #2, (an Event that has prior Events that still need completion), and mark it with a Status of Complete
- Automatically, all sub-events will also be placed as Complete
- Fill in the Notes field from Event #2 with some comments
- Click on the Save button
- Notice that the system brings the User back to the Candidate Summary tab, and it shows the sign of Saved
- However, the Event #2 column is still displayed as Pending
- If clicking the Mass Update Candidates button again, it can be seen how the Statuses of Event 2 are all in PENDING, and the comments manually entered are blank
To gather more information concerning this scenario and its related problem, refer to the available Replication Steps Word Document here linked containing the complete configuration and the replication steps necessary to reproduce the issue.
The system gives the message that all data has been saved, but the Event's column at the Candidate Summary page does still display a status of Pending, and when going back to the Mass Update Candidates page (FO_RF_MASS), all changes are blank. The User needs to re-do all the work.
The data should be saved properly in the system. If per design this should not be the case, then a proper Warning Message should be triggered informing to the User that all changes would be lost.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms