Last updated on OCTOBER 26, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise CS Student Financials - Version 9 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On Campus Solutions 9.0, there is an issue with a waiver configured to also pay an associated tax charge. When the waiver is awarded to student after student made the payment , waiver for tax is applying to the original charge, not to the Tax charge. A charge incurred by a term fee with a tax charge in the same situation will see the waiver for the term fee charge and tax charge apply to the respective charges.
The waiver amount for the course fee and tax is calculated correctly but applies only to the course fee charge.
The waiver credit for the tax should apply to the tax charge.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Enroll a student in a class to which a course fee applies. The course fee
item type must have a Tax Code assigned to it;
2. Navigate to Student Financials, Tuition and Fees, Tuition Calculation;
3. Select the emplid and calculate the student's fees;
4. Navigate to Student Financials, Charges and Payments, Post Student
5. Post a payment for an amount to cover the full amount of the course fee
and tax charge;
6. Enable the necessary conditions for the student to be eligible for a
waiver on the course fee;
7. Navigate to Student Financials, Tuition and Fees, Tuition Calculation;
8. Select the empild;
9. Click the Calculate Tuition and Fees button.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms