Generic Error: Data being updated does not exist. (18,4) When Applicants Apply for Job Openings
(Doc ID 2197663.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 27, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Candidate Gateway - Version 8.9 to 9.2 [Release 8.9 to 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to apply for a job opening, after saving the application without submitting, and then returning to the application later, internal applicants get the error shown below:
Data being updated does not exist. (18,4)
Works correctly for External Applicants.
Works correctly for SOME (but not all) Internal Applicants.
* Navigate: Self Service > Recruiting Activities > Careers
* Careers Home page is displayed
* Applicant applies for a job WITHOUT using a resume and Saves the application
* Confirmation that job application has been successfully saved.
* Applicant logs out.
* Applicant logs in and selects the same Posting.
* Clicks OK in response to question "Would you like to update your application for position ....(18178,241)
* completes application and clicks on Submit
* Fatal error message appears (See Issue Clarification.)
Due to this issue, some applicants have difficulty applying for a posted job. This results in calls to Recruiting Team and IT department, which consumes time for customer and for applicants.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document