Generic Error: Data being updated does not exist. (18,4) When Applicants Apply for Job Openings
Last updated on APRIL 11, 2018
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Candidate Gateway - Version 8.9 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to apply for a job opening, after saving the application without submitting, and then returning to the application later, internal applicants get the error shown below:
Data being updated does not exist. (18,4)
Works correctly for External Applicants.
Works correctly for SOME (but not all) Internal Applicants.
* Navigate: Self Service > Recruiting Activities > Careers
* Careers Home page is displayed
* Applicant applies for a job WITHOUT using a resume and Saves the application
* Confirmation that job application has been successfully saved.
* Applicant logs out.
* Applicant logs in and selects the same Posting.
* Clicks OK in response to question "Would you like to update your application for position ....(18178,241)
* completes application and clicks on Submit
* Fatal error message appears (See Issue Clarification.)
Due to this issue, some applicants have difficulty applying for a posted job. This results in calls to Recruiting Team and IT department, which consumes time for customer and for applicants.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms