INAS incorrectly issuing FM Reject 20 for 2017-2018
(Doc ID 2197812.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 04, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise CS Financial Aid - Version 9 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
While testing the Department of Education’s ISIR test files for 2017-2018, The College Board discovered that incorrect values were provided for determining FM Reject 20 in their INAS 1718.1 release. This causes FM Reject 20, A non-tax filer is reporting an income that is above the IRS filing requirement, to incorrectly be issued on students who may not meet the condition for this reject. The INAS 1718.1 release was delivered in:
CS 9.0 : Patch 11262397: 2017 - 2018 AID YEAR UPDATES FOR ISIR (also included in CS 9 Bundle #43 patchset 24291435)
CS 9.2: Patch 22545837: 2017 - 2018 AID YEAR UPDATES FOR ISIR (will be included in the upcoming PI3)
What was found is the initial release of 2017-2018 FM INAS produces Reject 20 for some non-filers when the reject was not appropriate. The FM computation results are not impacted and are correct. The affected records would be those non-filers with the following wages:
• Single without Dependents: wages between $10,150 and $10,300
- Impacts Reject Edit 4033 – Single independent without dependents
• Single with Dependents: wages between $13,050 and $13,250
- Impacts Reject Edit 4031 – Single parent of dependent student
- Impacts Reject Edit 4034 – Single independent with dependents
• Married: wages between $20,300 and $20,600
- Impacts Reject Edit 4032 – Married parents of dependent student
-Impacts Reject Edit 4035 – Married independent students
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document