EGL9.2: Spreadsheet Journal Import(JRNL1) Need To Allow Special Characters in Any Text Field
Last updated on MARCH 25, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN General Ledger - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Spreadsheet Journal Import unable to load a journal with any special characters in any text chartfields. Below are the special characters those needs to be accepted in any chartfield:
Steps to Replicate:
1. In Spreadsheet Journal Import, perform the necessary setup.
2. Click "New" to create a new journal sheet, enter journal name
3. Provide appropriate header & line details with Chartfield1 or Project BU, Project ID, Resource Type or Analysis having an underscore in the field value
4. Save the sheet then click on "Home"
5. Click "Write file" and write the xml file to some path
6. When the user opens the xml file the % sign can be found - e.g., when Chartfield1 = PA_MALVERN, get <CHARTFIELD1>PA%5MALVERN</CHARTFIELD1>
7. Upload this file using the interface path GL Journals > Import Journals > Spreadsheet Journals, run the process GL_EXCL_JRNL
Invalid CHARTFIELD1 value PA%5FMALVE
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms