EGL9.2: Spreadsheet Journal Import(JRNL1) Need To Allow Special Characters in Any Text Field
(Doc ID 2199221.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 06, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN General Ledger - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Spreadsheet Journal Import unable to load a journal with any special characters in any text chartfields. Below are the special characters those needs to be accepted in any chartfield:
Steps to Replicate:
1. In Spreadsheet Journal Import, perform the necessary setup.
2. Click "New" to create a new journal sheet, enter journal name
3. Provide appropriate header & line details with Chartfield1 or Project BU, Project ID, Resource Type or Analysis having an underscore in the field value
4. Save the sheet then click on "Home"
5. Click "Write file" and write the xml file to some path
6. When the user opens the xml file the % sign can be found - e.g., when Chartfield1 = PA_MALVERN, get <CHARTFIELD1>PA%5MALVERN</CHARTFIELD1>
7. Upload this file using the interface path GL Journals > Import Journals > Spreadsheet Journals, run the process GL_EXCL_JRNL
Invalid CHARTFIELD1 value PA_MALVE
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document