On Relationships Component, Unable to Remove 'All Communications' From A Dissolved Relationship In Both Parties
(Doc ID 2200030.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 27, 2020
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise CS Contributor Relations - Version 9 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When creating a relationship, 'All Communications' must be selected on both people.
When one spouse passes away, 'All Communications' must be deselected on both people; otherwise, the mailing label will address both spouses.
If a user unchecks the 'All Communications' on the spouse that is deceased, an error is displayed when deselecting 'All Communications' on the living spouse, which is as follows:
Cannot change current or history records unless in Correction mode. (15,1)
You have attempted to change a record that is effective dated, and the record
contains an effective date that makes it either the current record or a
historical record. Either use the Add (+) button to create a new record with
a future effective date, or change your mode to Correction.
Selecting 'All Communications' flag should not generate an error when not in Correct History mode.
Field is Required: REL_MULT_RECPNT - SCC_LETTER_CD (124,64)
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. For both spouses, verify the following:
1.1 On Relationships component, select the Communication Recipients button and make sure All Communications flag is checked.
1.2 On Join Communication Management subpage, Create Joint Communication is selected, along with Salutation Type.
2. Update reciprocal spouse (e.g. husband) to add a date of death by going to Personal Attributes > Decedent Data.
3. Navigate to Relationships component. Retrieve record for deceased person (husband),using Include History mode.
4. Insert new effective-dated row and select Ex-Spouse (since Widow not available).
5. Select Communication Recipients, then deselect 'All Communications' flag. OK.
6. Select Joint Communication Management. Deselect Create Joint Communication - select Deceased Partner. OK. Save.
7. Click Return to Search. Retrieve relationship record for wife (or reciprocal spouse).
8. Deselect 'All Communications' flag. Save. Error message is displayed.
This problem affects several departments that communicate with donors. Users in an effort to work around the situation are using Correct History and deleting the relationship rows. This incidentally does not delete the salutation from the salutation table leaving orphaned data.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document