EGL: Journal Workflow Routing Based On Journal Date
(Doc ID 2200958.1)
Last updated on MAY 12, 2021
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN General Ledger - Version 9.1 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Date format journal workflow
User is configuring out journal workflow to route based on journal date. They receive errors and I believe the issue is the date format I'm using in the configuration. What is the correct date format to use?
A fatal PeopleCode SQL error occurred. Please consult your system log for details.
From app server:
msg=ORA-00932: inconsistent datatypes: expected DATE got NUMBER
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Setup Process definition Main Menu > Enterprise Components > Approvals > Approvals > Approval Process Setup
- Click Criteria Definition, Criteria Type: User Entered
- Select Record = JRNL_HEADER and Field Name = JOURNAL_DATE
- Criteria Operator = Equals and Value = 2016-08-31 (or any date)
- Create Journal (General Ledger > Journals > Journal Entry > Create/Update Journal Entries)
- Edit Journal
- Click Approval Tab and Click Submit
- Error "A fatal PeopleCode SQL error occurred. Please consult your system log for details"
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document