GPAU: Tax Withhold On Bonus Which Not Specified To One Pay Period Is Incorrect For Tax Scale 4N
(Doc ID 2201676.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 23, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Global Payroll Australia - Version 9.1 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Tax withhold on Bonus which not specified to one pay period is incorrect for tax scale 4N
According to ATO website, Tax should be withhold for any payment at 47% for non resident. However, system withhold the tax at 49% for tax scale 4N for Bonus that apply to multiple period
STEPS TO REPLICATE:
The issue can be reproduced with the following steps:
1. Go to Main Menu > Global Payroll & Absence Mgmt > Payee Data > Taxes > Maintain Tax Data AUS
2. Add a new row with Tax scale 4N
3. Calculate and Finalize July month Calendar
3. Go to Main Menu > Global Payroll & Absence Mgmt > Payee Data > Assign Earnings and Deductions > One Time (Positive Input)
4. For a employee Aug month add Bonus Quarterly element with specified value
5. Run and finalize Aug month calendar, review Periodic Tax value in August month
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document