Guided Self Service - Adhoc Salary Change / Promote with Pay 'Division by Zero' error on Approval
Last updated on FEBRUARY 14, 2018
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Human Resources - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM eProfile Manager Desktop - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM eCompensation Manager Desktop - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When a non-base pay component is part of the salary change, and that component does not have any change, then when trying to determine the change percent, a division by zero will occur.
Division by Zero(180, 109)
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Set up a new Non-Base Rate Code(Ex: PFPPFP) by navigating Set Up HCM> Product Related> Payroll for North America> Compensation and Earnings> Compensation Rate Code Table
2. Add the Non-Base Rate Code to Job Code (Ex: 110000) Table, as an incentive payment made quarterly with 15% change.
3. Now tag the Non-Base Rate Code to the Employee on the Compensation tab of Job Data and save.
4. Login as Manager and Request for the Ad hoc Salary Change for the reports who associated with the Non-Base Rate Code.
5. Submit the Salary Change.
6. Login as Administrator and try to approve/review the request following Error triggers
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms