Procurement Contract Version Numbers Skipping If Cancel Is Clicked On Change Reason Page
(Doc ID 2202694.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 07, 2021
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM Purchasing - Version 9.1 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Procurement contract version numbers skipping if cancel is clicked on change reason page
When contract change control, version tracking, reason code is required is checked, clicking cancel on reason code page while saving procurement contract after clicking new version, will allow for higher version numbers of contract while skipping a few. This leads to invalid version and change tracking.
We are on FSCM 9.1 bundle #7, however the above is happening in both our production environment (bundle 7) as well as our FSCM 9.1 bundles #28 non-production environment.
Attached are the screenshots from FSCM 9.1 bundle #28,
We would like a code extract after the fix is provided.
Below are the steps to recreate :
1) Make sure Use version control, Track changes, Track changes on draft and reason code required are checked , change template specified, contract process option is set to PO and change template specified
2) Open existing contract from Procurement Contracts > Add/update Contracts
3) Click new version and click yes to message "Contract must be saved before draft can be created"
4) Click cancel on Change reason screen
5) Click Okay to reason code required message
6) Click new version again and repeat steps 3-5 few more times OR click Save and repeat steps 4-5 few more times
7) Click save when you have repeated it more than once and click save after step 5
8) Enter change reason value which is prompted again, click okay and save
9) By now if you query the contract header table, you will see that a few contract version numbers have been skipped
10) Also search dialog results for contract ID will show a few contract versions skipped
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document