Last updated on DECEMBER 05, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise CS Campus Community - Version 9 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Business phones set at type D control (display only) because you don't want self service users changing them. When originally set up, these are set to preferred. On self service, people can select a different phone to be preferred. Once they do this, they can't set it back because the display only functionality includes the preferred flag.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
0. Suppose the Type Control for Phone Type (say HOME) is set to "Edit-No Delete" or not exist
1. Navigate to Main Menu > Self Service > Campus Personal Information > Phone Numbers
2. Add a Phone Type (HOME) and check the preferred flag
3. Navigate to Main Menu > Common Definitions > Self Service > Type Control
4. Change the Type Control for Phone Type (HOME) to "Display Only"
5. Go back to Self Service - Campus Personal Information > Phone Numbers
6. Add a new Phone Type (say MAIN) which doesn't have the Type Control as "Display Only"
7. Click on 'Preferred' checkbox for this Phone Type (MAIN)
8. Now, When you attempt to click the 'Preferred' checkbox for (HOME), it won't let you do and is grayed out
The issue has the following business impact:
Business processes are now being impacted by it.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms