Last updated on DECEMBER 02, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.55 to 8.55 [Release 8.4]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Malformed URL for External Non-PeopleSoft URLs in a Tile Wizard published Navigation Collection.
The :// characters appear to be encoded incorrectly.
It appears that the %3a / should be %3a and / in the URL. This issue is not happening when the URL is launched from the Classic menu or the navigator menu. Only from the navigation collection.
1. PeopleTools > Portal > Structure & Content. Created new CREF "Non-PeopleSoft URL" that points to an external URL
2. PeopleTools > Portal > Portal Utilities > Navigation Collection. Open an existing Navigation Collection such as "Payables" and added the link created above in step 2.
3. PeopleTools > Portal > Tile Wizard. Create a new tile based on the Navigation Collection above
4. Add Tile to Homepage (Personalize Homepage)
5. Click on Tile on homepage, and click on external link
Result:Malformed URL error
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms