New Purchase Order is Created for Increased Qty When the Change Request is in Errored Budget Status
Last updated on NOVEMBER 23, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM Purchasing - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
New Purchase Order (PO) is created for increased Qty when the Change Request is in Budget Error
Steps to Reproduce the Issue:
1. Created a Requisition of $12000, done the Fiscal Approval, budget checked the Requisition, sourced it PO, dispatched the PO.
2. Edited the Requisition to increase the Qty. The Requisition amount increased to $18000. Done the Fiscal Approval for the Requisition.
3. On running the Requisition Budget Check, the Change Request got budget failed due to unavailability of fund in the project.
BUDGET_HDR_STATUS and BUDGET_LINE_STATUS is set to 'E' in REQ_HDR and REQ_LN_DISTRIB, in PV_CHNG_RST_DTL the REQ_CHNG_STATUS sets to 'BE'.
4. Allocating additional fund to the project or by cancelling old PO's we are reallocating funds to the project.
5. Ran the Budget check for the Requisition which flips the BUDGET_HDR_STATUS and BUDGET_LINE_STATUS to from 'E' to 'V' in REQ_HDR and REQ_LN_DISTRIB, but in PV_CHNG_RST_DTL.REQ_CHNG_STATUS it remained as 'BE'.
6. The hourly PO batch cycle is picking up the Requisitions which are in Budget Error and creating additional PO's for the increased Qty/Amount though the Change Request is not at all approved.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms