Data does not get copied/ cloned in the Position – Initialize Functionality on Add/Update Position Info Page.
(Doc ID 2207383.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 26, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Human Resources - Version 9 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The vanilla Position – Initialize functionality is used to clone an existing position but the Supervisor Level data is not coming forward as expected. There is a value in the Supervisor Lvl field in the Work Location section on the Description tab of the position that is being cloned but the existing value is not being brought forward when the Initialize button is selected to clone a position.
All the values from base position should be copied to the position that is being created.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Organizational Development > Position Management > Maintain Positions/Budget > Add/Update Position Info
2. Add a New Value , Position Number – 00000000
3. Click on Initialize button
4. it will prompt for a position number from where the date should be copied from
5. Provide the base position number which has Supervisor Lvl value populated, click OK,
6.Check the Supervisor Lvl value on the new position created, it will be blank.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document