PC_PRICING & CA_LIMITS Is Over Billing When Credit Is Priced Outside Of Period Of Performance
Last updated on MARCH 27, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Contracts - Version 9.1 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 9.1 version, CA & GC: Limits
Able to process BIL rows exceed the transaction limits when credit transactions are outside of Period of Performance
Should not process BIL rows over the exceed the transaction limits
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create a Government Contract
2. Associate a Rate based contract line.
3. a. On Contract Terms page, Specify the period of performance as 8/1/2016 to 9/30/2016 with control limits and billing checked.
b. Associate 2 Activities for a single project -- Activity1 and Activity2.
c. Associate a Rate set that BILs 100% of ACT
d. Add a transaction limit for 10,000
4. Assign Revenue and Bill Plans and Make the contract active
5. Add a ACT row for 12,000 for Activity1 within period of performance. The BIL of 1000 and OLT of 2000 will be created
6. Run CA_BI_INTFC to process the BIL row
7. Review limits shows 10,000 as processed and 2000 excess
8. Add a ACT row for 2,000 & -2000 for Activity2 OUTSIDE of period of performance. Now this will generate BIL rows of 2000 and -2000 for Activity2...This activity also changes the OLT in step 5 to BIL of 2000. This is incorrect
9. Review limits shows 10,000 as processed and 0 excess
10. Run CA_BI_INTFC to process the BIL rows for the contract
11. Run CA_LIMITS
12. Review limits shows 12,000 as processed and 0 excess. The $12,000 is over the limit of 10,000 that we specified as limit which is incorrect
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms