Last updated on DECEMBER 05, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise CS Campus Community - Version 9 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When you go to register a datasource in your base language and it contains a query that has been deleted from your list of queries, the datasource registers fine. However, when a user logs into a non base language, and registers the datasource with invalid queries, they get an error which notes that one of the queries in the datasource is invalid or deleted.
Expect the datasource to give the same error in base language that it gives in non base language.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Go into database in ENG, go to Reporting Tools - Query Manager, and copy the query QA_CS_CC_COMMGEN_CGO_AVIN and save it as QA_CS_CC_COMMGEN_CGO_AVSS.
2. Go to Campus Community - Communications - Setup Comms - Communication Datasource and open the DataSource QA_CS_CGO_DATASOURCE. Add the Query QA_CS_CC_COMMGEN_CGO_AVSS to it. Register this datasource.
3. Go back to Query Manager and delete the query QA_CS_CC_COMMGEN_CGO_AVSS.
4. Go back to the Communication Datasource page and again open the same DataSource QA_CS_CGO_DATASOURCE, which should have two queries on it. Delete the query QA_CS_CC_COMMGEN_CGO_AVIN. The datasource must now be registered.
5. Register the datasource and it registers fine, despite having an invalid query in it!
6. Sign out of CS.
7. Sign back in using the language of CFR.
8. Go back to the Communication Datasource page and again open the same DataSource QA_CS_CGO_DATASOURCE. Add a row to the query area and then delete that new row. Now register the datasource again.
9. The expected error below is displayed:
Erreur survenue à l'ouverture de l'interrogation PS . (14015,6)
SCC_COMMGEN.Model.DSAdapters.PSQueryAdapter.OnExecute Name:Validate PCPC:772 Statement:14
Called from:SCC_COMMGEN.Model.CommGen.OnExecute Name:InitializeCommGenDS Statement:559
Called from:SCC_COMMGEN.Model.CommGen.OnExecute Name:RegisterDataSource Statement:28
Called from:SCC_CG_DTASRC.GBL.DERIVED_CC.SCC_CG_PARMS.FieldChange Statement:132
Il est impossible d'ouvrir l'interrogation PS référencée. Assurez-vous que cette interrogation existe bien dans le Gestionnaire des interrogations PS.
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users cannot be sure the datasource is correct.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms