EGL9.2: Upon Unposting A Reconciled Open Item Journal, System Produces An Additional Unexpected Open Item Row With Zero Amounts
Last updated on DECEMBER 05, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN General Ledger - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
An open item transaction was entered & another journal was entered to settle down open item balance. Reconciliation was done & open item was closed. Now the Journal used to settle down open item balance is unposted. Upon unposting this journal system produces an additional unexpected open item row with zero amounts.
Steps to Replicate:
1. Enter an open item journal
2. In Open Items Maintenance page enter appropriate search criteria to find the open item entry entered.
3. Enter journal to settle down open item balance & post it.
4. Go back to Open Items Maintenance page. Reconcile the open item.
5. Unpost the Journal created to settle down open item.
6. Go back to Open Items Maintenance page & enter appropriate search criteria to find the open item entry entered.
Please see Replication screenshots for more details.
There are 2 open item rows now with Open status. One with the amount created with initial open item transaction, which is expected. Additional open item row found with balance transaction/base amount zero. This is not expected.
There should be only one row with status open & amount created with initial open item transaction.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms