Salary Step Set as Zero by Default in Smart Hire Template
Last updated on MAY 08, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Human Resources - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Issue : In Smart HR Template the Salary step field will show a zero when the plan or grade is changing in the Job_Salary_Plan. The field does not respond as it should with its prompt table nor as a required field when saved. Zero is not a valid value for this field.
Steps to replicate :
1) Login as PS
2) Go to Copy Template (Navigation : Main Menu-> Set Up HCM -> Product Related -> Workforce Administration -> Smart HR Template -> Copy Template)
3) Copy the template KUEMP_ADMIN_FIN and create a new template as T_KUEMP_ADMIN_FIN.
4) On saving the above, it directs to Template Creation page
5) Go Configuration Tab, add a new section JOB_SALARY_PLAN
6) Click the Section Configuration tab to change the section field settings. In that, modified as below and Click Ok:
** Salary Grade -> Required
** Grade Entry Date -> Hide
** Step -> Required
** Step Entry Date -> Hide
7) Go to Smart HR Transactions (Navigation : Main Menu -> Workforce Administration -> Smart HR Template -> Smart HR Transactions) and click Create Transactions by selecting below;
** Transaction Type -> All
** Select Template -> T_KUEMP_ADMIN_FIN
8) Selecting an employee ID, for example KULT202 and click continue
9) Under Job - Salary Plan tab, enter Sal Admin Plan as KU01
Issue : Salary Step displays zero and fields like Step & Salary Grade are not showed as mandatory.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms