Guided Self Service (GSS) Transactions That Are Completed by the Automatic Save Option on the Approval Page Are Not Stored on the Job Record.
Last updated on MARCH 29, 2018
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM eProfile Manager Desktop - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Whenever a GSS transaction such as promotion or transfer is completed and the administrator chooses the automatic save option on the approval page, a new row is added in the job record; however, the relevant fields are not changed. The problem occurs whether or not salary is involved and regardless of whether the effective date is past, current or future.
The approval process appears to work, as the transaction is passed to the appropriate person for approval.
1. Navigate to Manager Self Service > Job and Personal Information > Transfer Employee
2. Select to change Employee's Work Location and Salary Information.
3. Enter the new information.
4. Submit Changes.
5. Log in as an approver, and approve the transaction
6. Log in as administrator, and approve, with the automatic save to database option:
(screen shot does not show this - but does show the status as Approved and Current Transaction Status "Success"
7. Click on Go-to-Job hyperlink.
8. Observe that transaction is not recorded on job record.
(No screen shot to show this.)
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms