Last updated on DECEMBER 19, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Asset Management - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
A non capitalized PO with 5 lines was created for an AM Profile with a capitalization threshold that was greater than the total cost of the PO lines. The PO lines were received in 2 receipts which were both pushed into AM. AMPS1000 was submitted and 5 NADs were posted to the ps_intfc_phy_a table. The 5 NADs were consolidated into 1 physical asset and this asset was loaded into AM. A voucher was created by copying all lines from the 2 PO/Receipts and then it was interfaced all the way into AM. The 1st line of the consolidated physical asset was capitalized and the rest of the lines were loaded as ADJs. As a result, only the 1st line of the consolidated asset was posted to the ps_cost_non_cap table. The remaining 4 lines were posted to the ps_cost table. The following tables were populated: ps_asset, ps_asset_acq_det, ps_cost, and ps_cost_non_cap. The following tables were not populated: ps_book, ps_book_hist, ps_open_trans.
The expectation is that the total cost for the consolidated asset would be posted to the ps_cost_non_cap table and that no rows would be written to the ps_cost table as the total cost for the consolidated asset did not meet the capitalization threshold.
This issue can be replicated by performing the following steps:
1) Create a capitalization threshold and tie it to the asset profile. Ensure that the Use Cap Threshold check box under BU Setup Options is checked on the BU.
2) Create a PO with 5 lines that do not meet the capitalization threshold. Uncheck the capitalization check box on the asset definition for each line.
3) Receive the PO lines in 2 receipts. Add a Tag Number to the line that will be the default for the consolidated asset. Push the receipts into AM.
4) Run AMPS1000 for the 2 pre_intfc_ids.
5) Consolidate all 5 lines into 1 physical asset.
6) Load the consolidated asset into AM.
7) Create a Voucher by copying all of the lines from both PO/Receipts.
8) Run Voucher Post and Load into AM.
9) Review the results in the Cost History component.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms