Last updated on FEBRUARY 10, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Asset Management - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When retiring by chartfield, a zero cost gain loss row is generated in the PS_DIST_LN table for the chartfield set that was deselected (blanked out) during the retirement (Retire/Reinstate Asset component). In Image 16, the zero cost gain loss accounting entry was not generated. This began to happen after image 17 was delivered.
The zero cost gain loss accounting entry should not be generated for the chartfield set that was not retired.
This issue can be replicated by performing the following steps:
1) Create an asset with a qty of 1 for cost A and fund code A.
2) Adjust the asset with a new cost row with a qty of .5 for cost A but to a different fund code – fund code B.
3) Adjust the qty for fund code A to .5.
3) Retire the cost in fund code B via the Retire/Reinstate Asset component, Retire By Chartfield tab. Blank out the cost line for fund code A. Save the retirement.
4) Create Accounting Entries.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms