EGL 9.2: Budget Overview Page Raises "Changes Conflict With Another Data Item"
(Doc ID 2216357.1)
Last updated on JULY 02, 2018
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN General Ledger - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
If you save a budget overview search and then get out of budget over view and get back in and use the search you saved, you get an error message.
Changes conflict with another data item. (18,5)
When trying to save your changes, the system found a conflict with other
information in the database. This problem may be because of changes made
simultaneously by another user. Make a note of the changes you have made,
then cancel the page. Reload the page and look for changes. Ensure that your
changes are still appropriate, then retry them. If the problem still
persists, it may be due to an application programming error and should be
reported to technical support staff. The message occurs when a key is
changed on an existing record and the new set of key values conflicts with an
existing record. The application should ensure that any changes to keys
result in a unique record.
The issue can be reproduced with the following steps:
1) Go to Commitment Control -> Review Budget Activities -> Budgets Overview
2) Set up a search using a Ledger Inquiry Set
3) Save the Search
4) Press the search button and review the results.
5) Get completely out of Budgets Overview and then go back in
6) Find the search you saved (note that the ledger groups are not saved)
7) Click on search - you get the error
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!