Service Indicator Reasons RTF (Rich Text Format) - Cannot Change Current Or History Records Unless In Correction Mode
Last updated on DECEMBER 05, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise CS Student Administration - Version 9.2 and later
PeopleSoft Enterprise CS Campus Community - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
To restate the question:
When RTF(Rich Text Format) is enabled for the Service Indicator Reasons tab on the Service Indicator Table (Set Up SACR > Common Definitions > Service Indicators > Service Indicator Table), users receive an error (Cannot change current or history records unless in Correction mode) even when attempting to only view the page.
Below is more information about the page:
The error does not occur if it RTF is not enabled on the reasons tab.
Steps to recreate:
1. Ensure that RTF is enabled on the Service Indicator Reasons tab of the Service Indicator Table.
2. Navigate to the Service Indicator Table and choose an existing service indicator.
3. Click on the Service Indicator Reasons tab. Do not make any changes.
4. Click on the Service Indicator Codes tab.
5. Note the error message: Cannot change current or history records unless in Correction mode. (15,1)
6. In PeopleTools, update the field SRVC_IN_RSN_TBL.DESCRLONG on page SRVC_IND_RSN_TABLE by unchecking "Enable Rich Text"
7. Repeat steps 2-4 and note that the error does not exist.
In CS 9.2, this issue happens in environments on PT 8.55.11 and PT 8.55.06. It happens for users who have correct history access to the page, and also to those who do not have that access.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms