Question : How Do We Change Course Academic Item Security
Last updated on NOVEMBER 01, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise CS Student Records - Version 9 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On PeopleSoft Enterprise Campus Solutions, Student Records, Program Enrollment
When attempting to change the security of a course academic item, the radio buttons are grayed out. I can add additional course offerings with different academic organizations to the course, and update the security setting on the stage to which the course is attached on the same new effective-dated row, but the course item security remains unchanged. Please provide the actions necessary to update the course item security.
Expect that when additional academic organizations are defined to a course via course offerings (on a new effective-dated row), that the course item security will be updated to default to the specific academic organizations defined to the course.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Add a new effective-dated row to the course in the course catalog, in this example 1 JUL 2015:
2. On the offerings tab, insert a new offering row. Assign the same subject and catalog number, but update the default Academic Organization value to Economics:
3. Retrieve the course item in AIR, add a new effective-dated row on the course item ID Select offer 2 for this effective-dated row.
4. Click on the Security tab for this course item. Note the Academic Organization field still displays the original value.
5. Add new 07/15/2015 effective-dated row to the Program, without changing default security access to 'All organization.'
6 Retrieve the course item again and note that the Academic Organization security section remains unchanged (on both effective-dated rows).
7. Retrieve the study period to which the course is attached and add a new effective-dated row with the same date.
8. Select the other radio button. Specify the two academic organizations defined to the course and save.
9. Retrieve the course item and check the Security page. Note the security section remains unchanged.
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users are unable to update the security access to course items, thus risking the possibility that the items are updated by someone with inappropriate access.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms