Last updated on JANUARY 12, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN General Ledger - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
EGL: With Commitment Control Security Implemented, User Without Access to Business Units and Chartfield Values Can Still Batch Post Budget Journal or Transfer
User able to batch post budget journal or transfer without Business Unit or Chartfield values security.
User should be able to post journal for BU that they only have access to.
Steps to replicate
1. Implement Commitment Control Security (Commitment Control > Define Budget Security > Rule Definition)
Rule Definition tab: Indicate the Business Units and Chartfield values to be secured.
Apply Rule tab: Apply rule to security events
2. Assign the Security Rule to a User (Commitment Control > Define Budget Security > Assign Rule to User ID)
3. Run Request Build Commitment Control Security (Commitment Control > Define Budget Security > Request Build)
4. Create budget journal or transfer using User ID in the Security Rule.
4. Log in using User ID not defined in the Security Rule and run batch post (Commitment Control > Post Control Budget Journals > Request Posting.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms