Users Cannot View Attachment Contents If the Project Attachment Page is Read-Only
Last updated on JANUARY 13, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Project Costing - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Grants - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : Project Costing 9.2 version, Security
The attachment functionality inherits the security on the page in which is appears. When setting up security for the PROJECT_GENERAL component, it is possible to make the project attachments page read-only. However, when that is done, the view icon to open existing attachments does not do anything. The only way to set up security to allow users to view project attachments is to make the attachments page updateable which therefore also allows the users to add or delete attachments.
If the attachment page is set up for read-only access, the user should be able to view the contents of attachments.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1) Navigate to Project Costing > Project Definitions > General Information.
2) Attach a file to an existing project.
3) Modify a delivered permission list such as EPPC9000 to change the PROJECT_GENERAL component by editing pages to set the Attachment page to Display Only.
4) Assign that permission list to a user.
5) Log in as that user and attempt to view the attachment's contents.
Due to this issue, it is not possible to provide read-only access to a project and its attachments.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms