Encumbrance is Stuck when Canceling a Purchase Order (PO) that has Never Been Budget Checked.
(Doc ID 2224162.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 05, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM Purchasing - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
If a purchase order which has never held a Valid Budget Status is Canceled, the Budget Status ends as 'Not Checked'. When a Batch Budget Check process runs, the dollar amount of the Canceled PO is encumbered.
Steps to recreate the issue:
- Create a purchase order but do not budget check.
- Cancel the PO using the Red X on the main page.
- PO Status = CANCELLED. Budget Status = Not Checked.
- Run a Batch Budget Check process.
- Review the Cancelled PO and now the Budget Status = VALID.
- Review the Budget associated to this purchase order and now the dollars are encumbered and stuck.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document