Return to Vendor (RTV) Shows Shipped Quantity Greater Than Returned Quantity for Lot Controlled Items
Last updated on JANUARY 18, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM Purchasing - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM Inventory - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Return to Vendor (RTV) shows Shipped Quantity greater than Returned Quantity for Lot Controlled items.
Steps to Reproduce the Issue:
1. Create lot controlled item, different UOMs, standard UOM is NOT EA.
2. None of the item suppliers mentioned in the Purchase Items Attributes will be used in the Requisition/ Purchase Order that will be created.
3. Create 2 lot IDs and link them to the above created item.
4. Create a requisition for QTY=700 PK. Supplier selected on this page is NOT defined on Item Purchasing Attributes page.
5. Create a PO for 700 PK from the requisition. UOM for PO is the same: PK. In Distributions for Schedule page, IN Unit=US010. Dispatch PO.
6. Receipt is created for partial amount of 100 PK.
7. Click the INV Status = Pending link. In the Putaway information tab, select Lot ID =TESTD (the first lot ID). In the Putaway Location tab, select Area and Storage level.
8. Save receipt with Interface Receipt flag checked. See the status changed to “Moved to Destination”.
9. In Review Transaction History, check that Putaway of the item was done automatically in Lot ID ‘TESTD’. Do a second manual Express putaway for item DBUT_TEST, but for the other Lot – TESTD2 .
10. Create RTV. Select the Supplier, then select the receipt.
11. Click the Distributions icon. Enter Supplier Returned Qty=2.
12. In Distribution Details, select the Lot ID TESTD. Std Returned Qty is 200 TUB. Return Qty Supp=2 PK. Conversion Rate = 100. Save the RTV.
13. Dispatch RTV.
14. Ship the Items from Inventory – Fulfill Stock Orders – Stock Requests – Express Issue.
15. Click Fetch RTV. Select RTV and click OK.
16. Assume that Lot ID ‘TESTD’ does not have sufficient balance to ship 2 PK = 200 TUB. Therefore, we are shipping 1 PK = 100 TUB from Lot ID ‘TESTD’ and remaining 1 PK = 100 TUB from the other Lot ID ‘TESTD2’.
17. Save the Express Issue so that the Shipping ID and MSR order number are generated.
18. Run the Deplete On Hand Quantity process IN_FUL_DPL.
19. Check the RTV now. RTV status has correctly changed to Shipped. However, Ship Qty is wrongly updated to 4 PK (greater than returned qty 2 PK.)
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms