E-PG: Pivot Grid 'SAVE' Function Does Not Work When Filter Option Values Have ' : ' Colon
Last updated on APRIL 03, 2018
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.55 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The Pivot Grid filter names with special characters are not retained. For example, if the Pivot Grid filter has ' : ' colon character in the value (e.g. 'Agriculture : BOL', after Save operation, on refresh or resign on, the filter is reverted back to the default value before saving it (e.g. Program descr).
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Open Application Designer
2. Go to the menu File > New
3. Create a new View: UOS_ACDPRG_VW using the following fields: INSTITUTION,
ACAD_PROG, DESCR254, ACAD_CAREER, ACAD_GROUP
SQL DefinitionDESCR254 field was defined by concatenating the two fields with a colon character in between them as following A.DESCR || ' : ' || A.ACAD_CAREER. It will be used as the filter for the Pivot Grid to replicate the error.
, A.DESCR || ' : ' || A.ACAD_CAREER
FROM PS_ACAD_PROG_TBL A
WHERE ( A.EFFDT = (
FROM PS_ACAD_PROG_TBL A_ED
WHERE A.INSTITUTION = A_ED.INSTITUTION
AND A.ACAD_PROG = A_ED.ACAD_PROG
AND A_ED.EFFDT <= SYSDATE))
4. Select Record as SQL Type
5. Build the record with Create View and Execute and Build Script
6. Login to PIA
7. Navigate to People Tools > Security > Query Security > Query Access Manager
8. Add the view record UOS_ACDPRG_VW to Query Tree 'QUERY_TREE_ALL'
9. Save the Tree
10. Navigate to Reporting Tools > Query > Query Manager
11. Create Query UOS_ACDPRG with the record UOS_ACDPRG_VW in Query Manager - Create Query UOS_ACDPRG by selecting all of the fields of the record UOS_ACDPRG_VW
12.Navigate to Reporting Tools > Pivot Grid > Pivot Grid Wizard
13. Create Pivot Grid UOS_ACDPRG
14. Save the Pivot Grid. Publish as Pagelet button will appear
15. Publish the Pivot Grid as Pagelet
16. Check the Pivot Grid functionality in the Pagelet 17. Set the Pagelet visible
18. Navigation: Home > Personalize >Content
19. Tick the checkbox for UOS_ACDPRG pagelet under 'PeopleSoft Applications' category and save.
20. Confirm only the 'Long Descr' filter which has colon characters in its option values interrupts 'SAVE' function of Pivot Grid
A. When Pivot Grid filter has ' : ' colon character in the value.
1. One of the filter options 'Agriculture : BOL' is selected. The filter option is saved
2. On refresh or resign on, the filter is reverted back to the default
B. When Pivot Grid filter does not have ' : ' colon character in the value.
1. One of the filter options 'Accounting BAL' is selected. The filter option is saved
2. On refresh or resign on, the filter option selection is remained.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms