SEVIS - PersonalInfo Alerts Continue to be Created Even When Phone has More Than 10 Digits
(Doc ID 2224578.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 03, 2018
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise CS Campus Community - Version 9 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The PersonalInfo event is triggered each time the SEVIS Alert process is run if the following condition exists:
1. Student's preferred telephone number begins with 1 and is longer than 10 digits.
There is no way to prevent the PersonalInfo alert from being generated.
PeopleSoft Enterprise Campus Solutions 9 SEVIS 6.28
The issue can be reproduced with the following steps:
1. Add a phone number to a student and make that phone number 13 digits long beginning with the number 1 (Example: 1302109429242).
2. Run the SEVIS Alerts process.
3. View the PersonalInfo Alert and notice the truncation of this number and the error.
Truncated to : 2031094292 (the 1 at the beginning and the 42 at the end are removed).
3. Select the option "Send to Master".
4. Run the Extract and notice that Master is updated with the truncated phone data in the US phone field (2031094292).
5. Run the SEVIS Alerts process again.
Notice the same PersonalInfo Alert is generated again.
There is no way to prevent the alerts from reoccurring when the US phone number is truncated by the process.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!