E-DMW: Update Data Set Action In Conjunction With Filter Not Working
(Doc ID 2226296.1)
Last updated on APRIL 26, 2018
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.55 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When using the "Update Data Set Action" in the Data Migration Workbench project - at ADS level in conjunction with a filter then more (ALL) data rows are updated then expected.
When using the "Update Data Set Action" in the Data Migration Workbench project - at ADS level in conjunction with a filter the data rows should remain as they were set.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Login to PIA
2. Create a Data Migration Workbench project
3. Copy data from project to File
4. Create project in target database via load project from file
5. Project is created in target database with project state “Loaded from File”
6. Run Compare
7. Compare completes successfully
8. Project State has been updated to “Compare from file succeeded”
9. Look at the details for the first data set name LOCAL_5_7_3_CURRENCY_QUOTATION by selecting the Data Set Name hyperlink
10. As you can see the copy action for all rows is set to “COPY”
11. Hit the return button on the bottom of the page
12. You are brought back into the Project Content Page
13. Now select the hyperlink on same.
14. Select the Update Data Set Action button.
15. Select From Action: “Copy” to Action: “None” / Hit Ok
16. Hitting the OK button brings you back to the previous screen. As you can see the copy action is now set to NONE for these 3 rows
17. HIT SAVE. / This brings you back to the project content page and saves the project
18. Look at the details again for the first data set name LOCAL_5_7_3_CURRENCY_QUOTATION by selecting the Data Set Name hyperlink
19. As you can see now all the copy actions have been set to NONE although in step 12 through 15 we only updated 3 data rows.
This is not correct .
In order to set the 2 data rows (additions) back to copy , a manual reset have to be performed.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document