Last updated on JANUARY 25, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Expenses - Version 9.1 to 9.1 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Applying Cash Advance with different currency on Expense Report system register wrong amount when Posting transaction
1. Set the currency for BUY07 BU as GBP
2. Set the currency for US001 BU as USD
3. Set the BU for Jessica Bendetto KU0021 as US001
1. Configure Transaction Definition for Cash Advance. No Approval action needed
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Login with VP1 user ID
2. Create Cash Advance for KU0021 Jessica Bendetto for 12 USD
3. Submit Cash Advance. This transaction has now the status of Approved for Payment
4. Stage and Post Cash Advance. In Cash Advance Acctg Entries page transaction is in USD currency
5. Pay Cash Advance
6. Change BU for KU0021 Jessica Bendetto to BUY07
7. Create ER for Jessica Bendetto for 50 GBP
8. Apply existing Cash Advance which has the Currency USD (7.90 GBP)
Value 7.90 GBP is automatically calculated while selecting the Cash Advance
9. Submit Expense Report
On the Submit page you can see the Cash Advance Applied which has now the amount in GBP
10. Stage and Post Liabilities for created ER
11. Post the Journal form General Ledger
While posting the Journal for Expense Report, if there is Cash Advance added in Expense Report with different currency, the conversion is not done as expected.
While posting the Journal system should consider the Exchange Rate when there is different currency in Cash Advance and Expense Report.
To gather more information concerning this scenario and its related problem, refer to the available Replication Steps containing the complete configuration and the replication steps necessary to reproduce the issue.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms