Unable to View Advisor Notes Without Comments and Other Issues with Advisor Notes
Last updated on JANUARY 26, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise CS Academic Advisement - Version 9 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 9 version, Academic Advisement Self Service
Three issues found in advisor notes functionality
There are three issues found in the advisor notes functionality
Issue 1: Error adding action item in administrative advisor notes page when enable action item turned off for self service.
Issue 2: Postbuild PeopleCode on Add new note self service component not executing.
Issue 3: When no comment (Note) is added to the advisor note on the administrative page, the note cannot be viewed in self service.
Expect self service note settings to not affect administrative page and for it to hide the action item button in self service when enable action item is turned off.
Expect postbuild code to execute and set institution and group box title.
Expect either comment to be a required field on the administrative note or for the note to display in self service with no comment.
The issues can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Navigate to Set Up SACR > Common Definitions > Self Service > Academic Advisement.
- Turn off Enable Action Items for advisors
- Log in to self service and go to My Advisees and click on Advisor Note.
- Add a new note and the add action item button still displays.
- Go to Academic Advisement > Student Advisement > Advising Notes and add a new note.
- Click on the add action item button and an error will display.
- Log in to self service and navigate to Advising Center > My Advisees and click on Advising Note.
- Note that the institution does not default and the group box title is not displayed correctly.
- Navigate to Academic Advisement > Student Advisement > Advising Notes.
- Add a new note for a student with no comment and save.
- Log in to self service and go to My Advisees and click on Advisor Note for the student used in step 1.
- No note displays.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms