Last updated on JANUARY 26, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Project Costing - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When an interunit organization exception rule is defined for sharing, that exception rule is ignored by pricing and the default organization sharing rule will be applied. The organization exception rule should be applied if the conditions are met.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1) Enable both Organization and Sharing on the Project Costing Installation Options and define an organization hierarchy.
2) Create a project with an activity.
3) Define an owning organization for the project.
4) Add an organization rule to generating SHR rows from BIL rows.
5) Add a contract with a rate based line and link that line to the project/activity created earlier.
6) Create an organization exception rule to generate a different share percentage for an interunit transaction: GL BU <> PC BU
7) Create a timesheet against that project for an employee who is under a different GL BU than the Project BU.
8) Stage the timesheet to Project Costing and run cost collection.
- The exception rule will be ignored and the SHR row will be generated using the default organization rule.
Due to this issue, organization exception rules are not applied resulting in incorrect sharing.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms