Instant Messaging Settings Displayed Even Though it Has Been Disabled
(Doc ID 2235542.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 03, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise ELM Enterprise Learning Management - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Instant Messaging options are still shown on the "Learner Preferences" page even though Instant Messaging has been disabled.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Navigate to PeopleTools > MultiChannel Framework > Instant Messaging > Configuration;
2. Leave search field blank and click "Search";
3. For each Instant Messaging Domain, verify the "Enabled" checkbox is NOT selected;
4. Navigate to Self Service > Personal Information Home;
5. Click on the "Update Learner Preferences" button;
Note that the "Instant Messaging Settings" box is visible. This should not be visible as we have disabled all Instant Messaging domains.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document