Instant Messaging Settings Displayed Even Though it Has Been Disabled
Last updated on APRIL 11, 2018
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise ELM Enterprise Learning Management - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Instant Messaging options are still shown on the "Learner Preferences" page even though Instant Messaging has been disabled.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Navigate to PeopleTools > MultiChannel Framework > Instant Messaging > Configuration;
2. Leave search field blank and click "Search";
3. For each Instant Messaging Domain, verify the "Enabled" checkbox is NOT selected;
4. Navigate to Self Service > Personal Information Home;
5. Click on the "Update Learner Preferences" button;
Note that the "Instant Messaging Settings" box is visible. This should not be visible as we have disabled all Instant Messaging domains.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms