Combined Section Class Shows As Open When There is a Wait List
(Doc ID 2237482.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 15, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise CS Student Records - Version 9 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On CS 9 version, Student Records Enrollment
When a combined section is defined, if one section in the combination has not reached the enrollment total for the section but has a wait list active, the class is appearing open on self service class search.
Expect the class to display on class search results as Wait List.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Set up a combined section at Curriculum Management > Combined Section > Identify Combined Sections.
- Set up one of the sections with a wait list at Curriculum Management > Schedule of Classes > Maintain Schedule of Classes.
- Enroll students to fill up one section of the combination as well as the wait list.
- Log into self service as a student and navigate to Class Search and search for the subject and catalog number, leaving on the check box to return only open classes.
- The class will display as open even though the student cannot enroll.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document