Australia / UK - New Proof of Employment Requirements
Last updated on FEBRUARY 24, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Human Resources - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Job / Personal Information: New Legislation for has been implemented by Australia and the United Kingdom for Proof of Employment.
For Australia - Informational Link: http://www.border.gov.au/Busi/Empl/Empl/employing-legal-workers
- Australian employers are expected to take a reasonable number of steps to make sure they are not employing, referring or contracting illegal workers.
- Australian citizens, Australian permanent residents and New Zealand citizens are legal workers and have unlimited permission to work in Australia. A single check confirming this at the time of employment is all that is required.
- Employers who believe their worker is a foreign national must carry out further checks to confirm that person has a visa with permission to work.
- Employers can check a person's visa details by registering for our free, online system Visa Entitlement Verification Online (VEVO). Alternatively, employers can ask their worker to send their visa details directly to them using the VEVO email function.
For United Kingdom - Informational Link: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/378926/employers_right_to_work_checklist_november_2014.pdf
- In Step 3 Copy - you must record and retain date on which check was made. Date follow-up check required (bottom of form).
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms