PO Created From Contract With 4 Decimals Rounding Up Then Getting Error Message:"Total PO amount exceeds the contract maximum amount"
Last updated on FEBRUARY 27, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM Strategic Sourcing - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Awarding a PO Contract from event where award amount has 4 decimals yields a contract with 4 decimal places. When creating a PO from that contract, thee price is rounded up.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create a new Event with line item for four decimals:
2. Bid on the event.
3. Analyze event.
5. Award the event to a PO contract.
6. Save the created contract.
7. Create a new PO and link this contract to the PO.
8. Try to save the PO and you will get a message: "Total PO amount exceeds the contract maximum amount of 7509.999 (Contract ). (10400,36) "
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms