Block Transfer Course Fractional Unit Problem With Course Directives
(Doc ID 2239012.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 04, 2020
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise CS Academic Advisement - Version 9 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On PeopleSoft Enterprise Campus Solutions, Academic Advisement, Academic Advisement Set Up
Creating a course directive of units from transfer credit where the units are recorded in bulk with a pseudo course causes inaccurate results on the Advising Report. Instead of the 3.0 units directed, the report shows only 2.99 units directed, and .004 courses applied to the requirement line
Expect that 3.0 units of the block of transfer credit equated to a single internal course would appear on the report as 3.0 units and be used to satisfy the requirement line.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create and post a transfer credit model for a student with a single course equivalency with 50 units.
2. Navigate to Academic Advisement, Student Advisement, Authorize Student Exceptions
3. Create an exception with Selection Code=student and the student's EMPLID, and Operation Code Course Directive
4. Click on the Create Exceptions link. Specify the Requirement Group, Requirement, and line number.
5. Select Course Source of transfer credit. Select the pseudo transfer credit course equivalent, and Apply/OK buttons.
6. Click Save button to save the exception.
7. Navigate to Academic Advisement, Student Advisement, Request Advisement Report and generate a new report for the student.
8. Note that the exception course has been applied to a requirement line as only 2.99 units and .04 courses
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, the Advising Report is inaccurate, which could result in students enrolling in courses they do not need to complete for graduation requirements.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document