EGL9.2: Create Reconciliation Process(GLRN_CREATE) Creates Reconciliations With Incorrect Chartfield Combinations That Are Not Defined In CFV Set
Last updated on MARCH 25, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN General Ledger - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When running Create Account Reconciliation Process(GLRN_CREATE), Reconciliation is getting created for unintended Chartfield combinations when multiple ChartField Value Sets are used in the Reconciliation rule & each Chartfield value set having more than 1 chartfields. This issue happens whenever the "Ledger Options" on the Reconciliation rule is set to use 'Create Recon and Require Approve'/'Create Recon and Auto-Approve' for 'If no Activity' case.
Steps to Replicate:
1. In PIA navigate to Setup FSCM > Common Definitions > Design Chartfields >Chartfield Value Sets > Setup Chartfield Value set > Add a new value. Create 2 similar CFV sets with multiple Chartfields but include different Chartfield values
CFV1: Chartfields - Account(Values-682000), Department(Values-11000,20000)
CFV2: Chartfields - Account(Values-400000), Department(Values-14000,25000)
2. Navigate to General Ledger > Perform Reconciliation > Configurations. Select Assignment Levels. Create a new assignment level AD including Account & Department Chartfield.
3. Navigate to General Ledger > Perform Reconciliation > Configurations. Select Reconciliation Rule. Add a new rule including the CFV sets created in step 1. Select ‘If No Activity’ option as ‘Create Recon and Require Approval’ or
'Create Recon and Auto-Approve'
4. Navigate to General Ledger > Perform Reconciliation > Reconciliation Set. Create a new reconciliation set including the reconciliation rule & assignment level created above.
5. Click ‘Create Reconciliation’ button to create reconciliations.
6. Navigate to General Ledger > Perform Reconciliation > Workbench. Search Reconciliations created for the Reconciliation set.
Please see Replication screenshots for more details.
Reconciliations are created for unintended chartfield combinations which were not defined in CFV sets. e.g.
Account 682000, Department 14000
Account 682000, Department 25000
Account 400000, Department 11000
Account 400000, Department 20000
Reconciliations should be created only for the combinations defined in the CFV set.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms