EGL9.2: Allocation Creates Journal Lines With Incorrect Exchange Rate And Base Amount When Pool Data Includes Rows With Too Low Exchange Rate
Last updated on JULY 24, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN General Ledger - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Allocation creates Journal lines with incorrect exchange rate & base amount when Pool data includes rows with too low exchange rate.
(e.g. COP >> CAD transactions, 1 COP = 0.00045 CAD)
Steps to Replicate:
1. Set up an Allocation Step & include it in process group.
2. Create allocation pool data. Make sure to enter a foreign currency transaction in COP(with an amount less than 11 Peso) for a Business unit having base currency as CAD.
3. COP to CAD exchange rates are very low. So, the base amount on the line becomes zero. While saving/posting the journal system gives a warning. Click Ok & proceed to post it.
4. Request Allocation process.
5. Check the Primary journal lines of allocation journal that have foreign currency COP & base currency CAD.
Please see Replication screenshots for more details.
Primary journal lines of Allocation Journal that have foreign currency COP & base currency CAD, have exchange rate populated as 1, which is incorrect.
Primary journal lines of Allocation Journal that have foreign currency COP & base currency CAD, should have correct exchange rate populated.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms