Last updated on MARCH 09, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM eProfile Manager Desktop - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When Requesting a Location Change in a non-base language the current location is not being correctly picked up by SS_DESCR_VWLNG. The current location corresponding to the language signed-in as should be returned on the Request Location Change page.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. In English, Update Location Description to add ENG, Navigation: Main Menu > Set Up HCM > Foundation Tables > Organization > Location
2. In Spanish, Update Location Description to add ESP
3. Submit Location Change Request, Navigation: Main Menu > Manager Self Service > Job and Personal Information > Request Location Change
4. Note the Location Description shows ENG and does not match the related language description
4. In Spanish, Update Job Title to add ESP, Navigation: Main Menu > Set Up HCM > Foundation Tables > Job Attributes > Job Code Table
5. Submit Location Change Request and note the Job Title and the Locations show ESP
6.In Italian, Update the Location Description and Job Title to add ITA
7. Submit Location Change Request and note the Job Title shows as ITA and the Locations show as ESP
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms