PC: FDR Funds Distribution Reversals Not Created If Distribution Rule Includes A Rate Set or Rate Plan
(Doc ID 2243524.1)
Last updated on MARCH 13, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Project Costing - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When a Funds Distribution Rule is configured that includes a Rate Set or Rate Plan and the reversal option is enabled, the reversal row is not created when the rate set/plan generates target rows.
For example, funds distribution is set up and applies a rate set to create a BUR burden row from each incoming ACT row. The Distribution Rule target is set up to create FDS and FDR rows for each ACT and BUR row. However the system is not creating the FDR for the BUR row even though it budget checks the FDS row thus causing KK and GL to be out of sync since there is a missing FDR.
This problem will result in Commitment Control and GL will being out of sync.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1) Create a Project and add activities: CONSTRUCTION, STATE and FEDERAL
3) Create a rate set 'BURDEN' with a Cost type. Source row is for Analysis type ACT and the Target row will create a BUR row using Rate Option MUP with a rate amount 0.25
4) Create a Funds Distribution Rule
- Source: Specifies activity CONSTRUCTION, Rate Selection is Rate Set BURDEN, Group Target Definitions is checked
Set up a criteria row for 4 criteria rows, all target Group ID 1. Analysis Types ACT, PAY, TLC, BUR
- Target: Single threshold row, Amount 100.00; Single Target row for 100%, analysis type FDS, Activity STATE, Budget Check and Reversal checkboxes are checked.
5) Add a budget journal
-Unit EGV01, Ledger Group EG_DEPT, fiscal year 2016, period 10, Control Chartfield is Fund Code
- 2 budget lines, ledger EG_DEP__BUD, Budget Period 2017M04, account 6001, Fund Code F100 and F200 respectively, 100,000.00 USD each
Save and post the journal
6) Add a Project transaction: ACT for 10.00
7) Run Funds Distribution against the project
- use the Apply Burden Rates additional option
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document