EGL9.2: When 2 Run Controls Run In Parallel Interim Close Is Creating Unbalanced Journals (With Additional Lines For Non-equity Accounts)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 27, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN General Ledger - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Run Interim Close using GLPCLOSE cobol using 2 different run controls running in the same time: one for Consolidated BUs and another one for Non Consolidated BUs, having checked Edit and Post for both.
The journals created for Consolidated BUs fail the journal edit for some business units randomly, by creating additional IU lines causing the journal to be unbalanced.
When Interim Close runs, user expects the journals created to book only to the equity accounts (which start with 3). For instance, debit Interim Close Income Offset (300101), credit Interim Retained Earnings (HP) (300103 ).
The reason it is unbalanced is that there are additional lines which appear to be expense (start with 5) or income (start with 4) accounts included in the journal, which is not correct.
Journal is not balanced on journal totals or balancing Chartfield totals (5860,48).
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Run Interim Close using cobol GLPCLOSE for Consolidated BUs and Non Consolidated BUs
2. For the Consolidated BUs, the process ends up in error showing the journals created failed edit
3. Open the journal and check on journal lines. Here are additional lines, creating the journal to be unbalanced for Expenses and Revenue accounts instead of the:
- debit Interim Close Income Offset (300101)
- credit Interim Retained Earnings (300103 ).
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms